Free upgrades for PBCC50 and PBWIN90 for registered users.
hutch--
2010-01-14 00:35:14 UTC
The PowerBASIC gazette has just announced upgrades for both of the 32
bit PowerBASIC compilers for free. Just dig out your serial numbers
and go to the PowerBASIC website and you can download both compiler
upgrades in a few minutes.

The upgrades are for PBWIN version 9.2 to 9.3 and PBCC 5.2 to 5.3.

These are in fact very good compilers, SSE4 support, align directive
for code, ever increasing runtime library functionality in procedural
and OOP style programming while maintaining the legacy interface for
traditional basic. The current versions no longer require prototypes
(DECLARE statements) for internal subs and functions and the only
prototyping you need is for external functions like the Windows API
function set.

The external prototyping allows you to access the functionality of any
DLL you can find prototypes for, using MSVCRT functions is a routinely
simple task as PowerBASIC has a normal specification for C calling
convention functions.
Mike
2010-02-27 11:01:49 UTC
of course you forgot to mention that these upgrades are really only
available to "friends" of power basic NOT all registered users. As I
have documented, despite being a registered user, and complaints filed
with agencies like BBB, the owner, Mr Zale, refuses to sell me PB9 or
provide me with access to the upgrades. As you know, I have been a
registered user for more than ten years, yet like many others on a
growing list of banned veterans, remain the target of petty vindictive
obsession.

powerbasic is without question a language that must remain frimly in
the category of "buyer beware".
Olav
2010-02-28 11:54:00 UTC
Post by Mike
of course you forgot to mention that these upgrades are really only
available to "friends" of power basic NOT all registered users.
Quite right.

I don't know about American law and justice, but when someone is denied to
obtain a legal product in a legal way; isn't he then in his right to obtain
this product in an illegal way?

Sounds a bit strange to me that a company can do whatever they please to do,
and leave a lawful customer behind with no rights at all, in a matter like
this.
hutch--
2010-03-01 13:36:04 UTC
Mike,

You already know the story on that one, you initiated a legal action
through the Florida BBB and LOST. PowerBASIC did nothing wrong and you
failed in your action against them. This restart of your campaign to
abuse and foulmouth Bob Zale follows from your failure to dictate to
PowerBASIC that they had to change their rules to suit you which is
never going to happen.

You know the type of imbecile you will get in a clapped out old
newsgroup like this, do you really want one of these dickheads to spew
your guts all over Usenet if they don't like something you say ?
Remember it was YOU who put your name and address and all of your
details in a BBB complaint and its all public record in Florida.

Time to move on Mike, get good at the C++ you were learning and hit
the market with it, PowerBASIC is a good tool technically but as you
have pissed that against the wall with your refusal to register with
your real name in their peer forum, use other tools, VC is by no means
a slouch if you bother to learn to write decent code in it and it is
the industry standard.

Regards,

hutch
Auric__
2010-03-01 13:46:03 UTC
Post by hutch--
You know the type of imbecile you will get in a clapped out old
newsgroup like this
Wait a minute... *I'm* here... and so are you...
--
It's hard not to be a menace to society
when half the population is happy on their knees.
Olav
2010-03-01 22:23:36 UTC
Post by Auric__
Post by hutch--
You know the type of imbecile you will get in a clapped out old
newsgroup like this
Wait a minute... *I'm* here... and so are you...
But for how long will anyone of us be around? Powerbasic is dead end. Bob
Zale is 63 years of age and I believe most of his customers is about 50-60
years old.

Will Powerbasic be continued when BZ retire himself or should pass away?
Remeber that PB is a one man project and that this is the main drawback with
the company and its products.
Wolfgang Enzinger
2010-03-01 23:03:18 UTC
Post by Olav
But for how long will anyone of us be around? Powerbasic is dead end. Bob
Zale is 63 years of age and I believe most of his customers is about 50-60
years old.
Just for the record, I'm onyl 45. ;-)
Post by Olav
Will Powerbasic be continued when BZ retire himself or should pass away?
Remeber that PB is a one man project and that this is the main drawback with
the company and its products.
Well, I'm not too worried about that ...

* I'm not sure if it's really a one man project.

* Even if it is, it will probably continue anyway, maybe under a different
brand name ... just like many projects that originated from Borland.

* Coming from (and still broadly using) MS VB6 I experienced that even a
company like MS has a hard time declaring one of their own products dead -
they tried almost everything (since 10 years now) but it's still more vivid
than they'd like it to be. A great tool isn't "dead end" even if its
producers claim otherwise.

Wolfgang
Auric__
2010-03-02 01:44:08 UTC
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
Post by Olav
But for how long will anyone of us be around? Powerbasic is dead end.
Bob Zale is 63 years of age and I believe most of his customers is
about 50-60 years old.
Just for the record, I'm onyl 45. ;-)
I just turned 34.
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
Post by Olav
Will Powerbasic be continued when BZ retire himself or should pass
away? Remeber that PB is a one man project and that this is the main
drawback with the company and its products.
Well, I'm not too worried about that ...
* I'm not sure if it's really a one man project.
No info either way AFAIK.
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
* Even if it is, it will probably continue anyway, maybe under a
different brand name ... just like many projects that originated from
Borland.
Actually, PB started with Mr. Zale as BASIC/Z. See the Wikipedia entries for
PowerBASIC and Turbo Basic for a very, very short history.
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
* Coming from (and still broadly using) MS VB6 I experienced that even a
company like MS has a hard time declaring one of their own products dead
- they tried almost everything (since 10 years now) but it's still more
vivid than they'd like it to be. A great tool isn't "dead end" even if
its producers claim otherwise.
If it truly is a "one man project" as claimed, then its *development*
probably will end when Mr. Zale does. (Its *use* won't.) Of course, if the
company folds when he demises, someone might write a PB-compatible compiler,
or add the language to an existing one (like FreeBASIC).
I think I kicked myself.
hutch--
2010-03-02 11:58:03 UTC
Yeah yeah, but what will you be using with 1024 bit Windows Universe
and will it still work with the future 4096 bit Windows Multiverse ? I
gave up predicting the future a long time ago but you tend to base
your view of the future on the past and so far Bob Zale has outlasted
a vast number of competitors. Since I doubt that many other vendors
publish their views on their successors, I would not hold your breath
waiting for an answer.

Olav, I have not used a debugger in years, the last one I liked came
wirth MASM 6.0 in 1991. In high level code they are more often than
not useless. Softice was an OK tool in its time, less so its successor
Driver Studio and its now a dead product line. Have a play with
OllyDebug or one of the Microsoft ones.
Auric__
2010-03-03 02:15:01 UTC
Post by hutch--
Yeah yeah, but what will you be using with 1024 bit Windows Universe
and will it still work with the future 4096 bit Windows Multiverse ?
I'll keep using my 2^N-bit computers as long as they still work. (Got my
Apple //c right here...) I'll move to 2^N+1 only if necessary (for example,
I'll probably still be using 32-bit Windows when I get a 64-bit processor).
Post by hutch--
I gave up predicting the future a long time ago but you tend to base
your view of the future on the past and so far Bob Zale has outlasted
a vast number of competitors. Since I doubt that many other vendors
publish their views on their successors, I would not hold your breath
waiting for an answer.
I'm far more interested in PB staying around for the rest of my lifetime than
anything else.
Post by hutch--
Olav, I have not used a debugger in years, the last one I liked came
wirth MASM 6.0 in 1991.
Good sigmonster. Have a cookie.
Wait, what year is it again?
hutch--
2010-03-03 10:55:06 UTC
Auric__,

I am pleased to see you have made it to the bleeding edge of modern
computing.
Post by Auric__
Wait, what year is it again?
1992.
Auric__
2010-03-04 02:54:06 UTC
Post by hutch--
Auric__,
I am pleased to see you have made it to the bleeding edge of modern
computing.
Of course. I think my Atari 2600 still works, too... if I can find it. And my
68k Mac (with ~200MB drive space) works beautifully.
Post by hutch--
Post by Auric__
Wait, what year is it again?
1992.
Wow! THE FUTURE!!! :-)
--
You must align your perception of reality yourself by your own effort;
only then will you be in control.
Olav
2010-03-01 14:24:26 UTC
Why have you posted this message as a response to my message and not to to
Mike's initial message? Remeber that Bob Zale and his friends always do
things the right way!

Me not understand.

Btw, as the assembler guru you are; do you have the answer on how to read
the staus of the cpu's various staus flag based on the information given by
the debugger? See
http://groups.google.no/group/comp.lang.basic.powerbasic/browse_thread/thread/9555156866b81f48?hl=no#

Thnak you very much!
--
Olav
hutch
Mike
2010-03-03 16:56:48 UTC
Hutch,
Since you cannot refute any of the facts I have stated (banned users,
deleted threads, underhanded deals, petty tirades of retribution like
preventing registered users from upgrading, etc etc) you seek to mis-
state events instead. This is an astoundingly poor idea from a bright
guy like you.

FACT:
I filed a COMPLAINT with BBB in Florida (as I encourage more people to
do) because Mr Zale refused to sell me PB( despite being a registered
user for 10 years. He continues to assert that he can do anything he
pleases and does not have to sell anything to a "trouble maker" like
me.

FACT
Mr Zale responded to my BBB complaint by lying (he stated I was not
banned from the powerbasic site). We assume he is too ashamed to own
up to his continual banning of perfectly nice members of the
powerbasic forum when he takes issue with some minor criticism.

FACT
powerbasic forces all users to use their full real name despite the
best advice from internet security consultants not to do so.

FACT
Mr Zale allows users (two that we know of, myself and Wayne Diamond)
to use a handle in the face of this policy, only to rescind the
permission when he takes issue with a users post pn the forum (or
anywhere for that matter)

FACT
Mr Zale will act behind the scenes to have users banned on other
forums (Jose Roca's in my case) where the admins are too spineless to
stand up to him.

If you are going to quote history, please get your facts straight.
hutch--
2010-03-04 00:36:26 UTC
Mike,

FACT
You started a lewgal action against PowerBASIC and LOST.

FACT
The issues you keep raising were dealt with by the BBB and you LOST.

FACT
PowerBASIC require members to join using their real name. Like it or
lump it.

FACT
Onus of proof lies with the person making the assertion, in case you
missed it, you LOST the BBB case.

FACT
Other internet venues don't like being used for your personal vendetta
against Bob Zale.

Get over it Mike, you make yourself look like a whining pregnant
schoolgirl with ths childish campaign when the simple facts are you
are WRONG and this is proven because you LOST the BBB case. I don't
know how you can keep pissing your time and money against the wall
when you could be out there making a buck.

Regards,

hutch
Auric__
2010-03-04 02:57:03 UTC
Post by hutch--
FACT
Other internet venues don't like being used for your personal vendetta
against Bob Zale.
I can't help but think that there *must* be sites out there that would
actually welcome this kinda thing.
--
Ever notice how irons have a setting for PERMANENT press?
I don't get it...
-- Steven Wright
Olav
2010-03-04 04:17:23 UTC
Post by hutch--
Mike,
FACT
Other internet venues don't like being used for your personal vendetta
against Bob Zale.
Speaking of names; Bob Zale's name is actually Robert Stanley Zale. Isn't?
hutch--
2010-03-04 04:26:24 UTC
Olav,

Why don't you ask Mike (Ex T) what his full name is ? It would save
you having to look it up in the Florida BBB proceedings. :)
Olav
2010-03-04 05:00:50 UTC
Post by hutch--
Olav,
Why don't you ask Mike (Ex T) what his full name is ? It would save
you having to look it up in the Florida BBB proceedings. :)
I have no clue what BBB stands for.
hutch--
2010-03-04 07:20:51 UTC
Olav,
Post by Olav
I have no clue what BBB stands for.
Does this mean you don't read Mike's bleatings either ? He has already
told his reading Audience that its the Better Business Bureau in
Florida State USA. I have tried to warn Mike that his vendetta against
Bob Zale will end up seeing his guts spilled all over the internet as
he had to supply his full name, address and contact details to fill
out the complaint against PowerBASIC and all of this stuff is on
public record.
Olav
2010-03-04 09:51:24 UTC
Post by hutch--
Olav,
Post by Olav
I have no clue what BBB stands for.
Does this mean you don't read Mike's bleatings either ?
I have read enough to fully support him against Robert Stanley Zale. I know
from my own experience that RSZ is an mean and evil psychopath.And as far I
have understood it; RSZ have had the knowledge of Mike's real name from the
beginning. Zale knows his real identity but require Mike to cry out his
identity all over the internet, which is something Mike isn't too
comfortable with. I'm not able to see what's wrong with having such a
feeling for just that. It is pretty foolish to cry out your identity on the
internet.

I'm happy Zale isn't my daily supplier of milk and bread. He would have
denied me to buy these articles if I wasn't willing to tell him my
phonenumber. You know, his rules.....
Mike
2010-03-04 12:57:55 UTC
Post by hutch--
FACT
You started a lewgal action against PowerBASIC and LOST.
INCORRECT. If you dont believe me Hutch, just contact the BBB for
yourself. They dont do legal actions. Period
Post by hutch--
FACT
The issues you keep raising were dealt with by the BBB and you LOST.
INCORRECT. You can't "lose" a complaint. The BBB elected not to reduce
powerbasics rating because they believed his response, which if you
would like me to quote it verbatim, contains lies.
Post by hutch--
FACT
PowerBASIC require members to join using their real name. Like it or
lump it.
TRUE. with the caveat that MR Zale allows "friends" to use a handle
thus making a mockery of the rule.
Post by hutch--
FACT
Onus of proof lies with the person making the assertion, in case you
missed it, you LOST the BBB case.
INCORRECT. This is not an adjudicated matter it is a complaint.I was
unable to convince the BBB that I powerbasic treats its customers in a
way that warrents a public warning.
Post by hutch--
FACT
Other internet venues don't like being used for your personal vendetta
against Bob Zale.
TRUE. and so?
Post by hutch--
Why don't you ask Mike (Ex T) what his full name is ? It would save
you having to look it up in the Florida BBB proceedings. :)
INCORRECT. Unlike the mockery of a privacy policy that powerbasic
purports to have, the BBB actually stands behind theirs. A
complainenants poersonal information is private, not public. most
people regard their personal information as something that they do not
plaster all over the internet. That's foolhardy at best.
Post by hutch--
I have no clue what BBB stands for.
Does this mean you don't read Mike's bleatings either ? He has already
told his reading Audience that its the Better Business Bureau in
Florida State USA. I have tried to warn Mike that his vendetta against
Bob Zale will end up seeing his guts spilled all over the internet
More threats Hutch?
You got anything else? like some hard facts perhaps....
hutch--
2010-03-04 13:41:25 UTC
Mike,
Post by Mike
More threats Hutch?
I leave that to someone like you who has continued to personally
attack Bob Zale because you refuse to abide by the published rules of
his forum. Remember Mike, it is YOU who is attacking Bob Zale and it
is YOU who has continued this childish vendetta against him by
repeated making accusations that you cannot verify.

Tell us Mike, what are the special privileges you expect from
PowerBASIC that no-one else is supposed to have ? With a forum of many
members what makes you so special that you expect to be treated
differently to everyone else ?
Post by Mike
They dont do legal actions. Period
Same old sh*t still stinks Mike, you started the action and failed and
as a consequence you have continued to foulmouth Bob Zale for a long
period after your failure. The bottom line is you were WRONG and your
failure proves you were WRONG.

You may have this notion of special privileges over other people but
the rest of the world does not share it. Remember that it is YOU who
continues a personal vendetta against Bob Zale yet you expect your
personal details to be immune from the same criticism that you keep
spewing about. Then there is the blatant double standard you keep
trying to inflict on other people, not only your view of your own
special privileges over and above all of the other members of that
forum but your special privileges about your identity while directly
attacking Bob Zale personally.

Using inverse threats against me is like pissing into the wind, I
don't live in the US, I am not subject to its jurisdiction and I don't
give a flying PHUK how you see it, if you are not willing to respect
Bob Zale like any other human being, then you are the same free kick
as you see him to be.

I have tried to warn you that it is YOU who has put your arse on the
chopping block by this enduring melodrama in your vendetta against Bob
Zale. Most people don't give a stuff either way but as you insist on
raising the issue over and over again, feel free to receive any
blowlack that can follow from your persistence with this childish
vendetta. If you don't respect another persons privacy, they have no
reason to respect yours.
Mike
2010-03-04 21:44:26 UTC
Wow, you visit this place pretty frequently it seems. I thought you
regarded this venue as a "sewer". Why are you here so often?

You have a reputation for long forum wars Hutch, I think we are all
wondering if you don't just enjoy getting down in the dirt and rolling
around a little. There's a lot more of it if you want.

It must be to defend Mr Zale (who if course is notably absent). Why is
that?
Why do you feel so compelled to go to these lengths?

Perhaps its his "show stopping" product powerbasic, for which most
developers that use it are willing to overlook the most egregious
transgressions and continue on blindly supporting him just so long as
he provides the next fix for their junky addiction to a small
compiler?

Or perhaps you admire his track record; the litany of lying, behind
the scenes actions, deleting threads because they offend his him,
banning users because they dare talk back?

What is it Hutch, we are dying to know?

My personal information is private. The ONLY place it can come from is
powerbasic. So if Mr Zale sends it to you and you "plaster it all over
the internet" as you threaten to do, you will provide proof positive
that anyone giving their personal information to powerbasic is taking
their life in their hands.

Is that what you want to prove?
Post by hutch--
Tell us Mike, what are the special privileges you expect from
PowerBASIC
I will answer your question. I expect to be treated as MR Zale
personally agreed to treat me
a) when I bought the product and it was all love and smiles
b) when I called, and he PERSONALLY gave me his word I could continue
to use my handle (that I had already been using for 6 years)

I may be old fashioned, but I expect someone to live up to their
agreements. Thats what respectable people do. They honor their word
and they say what they mean, and mean what they say.

What I don't expect is to be banned for asking to see the list of bug
fixes in an update (circa 2006) have my threads deleted and my
personal information sent to the admins of other sites. You will have
to decide of that is reasonable or not.
Post by hutch--
forum but your special privileges about your identity while directly
attacking Bob Zale personally.
My "attacks" are a simple stating of the truth. The facts. Nothing
more. I can back up every accusation I have made with Mr Zales own
words, heck let me do it now...

"... has included numerous insults and
disingenuous remarks, the real issue here is simply the two items he
says will satisfy his complaint. Everything else is superfluous. He
wants:

1- Product support (including unbanning Mike Trader from the forum).
2- Processing his order for PB/WIN Version 9.

He has full and complete access to product support from
PowerBASIC, Inc. Most technical support from PowerBASIC is
absolutely free, which is very unusual these days. Some types of
support (such as questions about products not sold by PowerBASIC,
writing custom programs or correcting errors in custom programs) are
not free, as completely described on our web site. He has full and
complete access to our technical support. He has never been refused
assistance on a product purchased in the past.

Since the PowerBASIC Forums are the private
property of PowerBASIC Inc., we believe we have the right to
establish reasonable rules for the benefit of everyone
concerned. He is not banned from using our forums. Even
further, the false identity "Mike Trader" is not banned from using
our forums, but we reserve the right to do so if he continues to
break our simple rules.

That's from the "horses mouth". Mr Zale in his own words. Would you
like me to quote my complaint?

I do not have access to the forums, I am BANNED. So who's lying and
who's attacking who here?

I have been the victim of a a vicious campaign by Mr Zale. I have been
banned from Jose Rocas forum on his request, banned from the
powerbasic forum, had my agreement to use my handle rescinded and
denied the right I paid for when I bought the compiler to upgrade the
product.

That feels like an attack on me Hutch. Stating these facts in the only
place beyond the reach of Mr Zale's delete button is possibly the
lowest level of response.
hutch--
2010-03-05 05:12:11 UTC
Mike,
Post by Mike
That feels like an attack on me Hutch. Stating these facts in the only
place beyond the reach of Mr Zale's delete button is possibly the
lowest level of response.
Then stop "feeling" and start thinking, it is an attack by YOU on Bob
Zale, Tom Hanlin, Jose Roca and anybody else you "feel" like
slandering and we all know you FAILED in your BBB complaint.

Lets look at some of your attempts to rake up filth to spew at these
people.
http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?topic=1949.0

Now here is the problem, you hide behind a bullsh*t name spewing sh*t
at other people while maintaining your anonymity because of their
goodwill in not spewing your guts all over the internet as you are
trying to do to them.

In doing so you are attacking a small American Company that has to
survive in the face of massive corporations and you are trying to do
it by damaging their export capacity among other things. The only
solution is to level the playing field and deal with you in the same
manner as you try and deal with them.

I have tried to reason with you so you can move on and do some work
that you can earn your living from but you cannot be reasoned with,
you just keep spewing sh*t at Bob Zale and anyone else that won't help
you in this nasty shitty little vendetta that you are conducting.

Mark my words here, I don't make threats, I make promises and if you
don't start to treat these people you have continued to slander as you
want to be treated yourself, then I will act to level the playing
field.

Ball is in your court Mike (......), do you really want to try spewing
sh*t on a level playing field ?
Mike
2010-03-05 14:18:09 UTC
Not going to trade insults with you Hutch, sorry its pointless. If you
do "spill my guts" all over the internet the trail will lead straight
back to Mr Zale either directly or through a third party. Is this
supposed to terrify me? Do you think that you will have struck a
victorious blow for powerbasic? Do you think this is going to stop me
dead in my tracks?

What do you think someone considering powerbasic will think after
reading this thread and then the huge revelation that Mike Trader is
in fact Mike Smith of south Bend, Indiana? Do you really think anyone
cares?

Whatever pathetic gratification that may give you and Mr Zale will
wither like yesterdays newspaper, but I guarantee you the fallout
won't.

Regardless, there's a question on the table that you have not
answered. Since I have answered all yours, perhaps you would like to
explain why you feel so driven to fight someone else's battle? I don't
have a beef with you, its with powerbasic. So whats the deal Hutch?
WHy have you decided to become powerbasic's self appointed, one man
internet Gestapo? Don't you have better things to do with all that ASM
talent?
hutch--
2010-03-06 03:56:49 UTC
Mike,
Post by Mike
Regardless, there's a question on the table that you have not
answered. Since I have answered all yours, perhaps you would like to
explain why you feel so driven to fight someone else's battle? I don't
have a beef with you, its with powerbasic. So whats the deal Hutch?
WHy have you decided to become powerbasic's self appointed, one man
internet Gestapo? Don't you have better things to do with all that ASM
talent?
Apart from your analysis, its called a "level playing field" and if
you persist in attacking people I have known for years with your
endless bullsh*t, I will act to level the playing field. Without you
hiding behind a bullsh*t alias the field levels out and what you do
comes at a price. So far you can track the revelations back to you
from your own postings here about the BBB in Florida and where there
is smoke there is fire, I doubt that its hard to find out anything
else you have done in Florida.

You have yet to learn the lesson that enough is enough. Spewing sh*t
in an anonymous coward's castle is an option that will be removed from
you shortly if you persist in foulmouthing people I have known for
years.

I am yet to understand why you waste your time foulmouthing a whole
heap of people when you could be making a buck doing some work instead.
Mike
2010-03-06 11:17:28 UTC
Were all still waiting for an answer Hutch.....
hutch--
2010-03-06 14:21:29 UTC
:)
Hold your breath.
Mike
2010-03-06 17:13:11 UTC
Post by hutch--
:)
Post by Mike
Were all still waiting for an answer Hutch.....
Hold your breath.
What, you got no answer?
Thats not like you Hutch...

cmon tell us why you have this burning desire to fight other peoples
battles for them?
hutch--
2010-03-07 00:20:31 UTC
Now come on Mike,

you are the one abusing people and starting fights, pull the other
leg.

When will the real Mike (......) stand up and stop hiding behind this
coward's castle ?

Tell us why the Florida BBB rejected your outrageous accusations and
why PowerBASIC has an A rating after they rejected your complaint.
Mike
2010-03-08 10:25:11 UTC
Answer the question Hutch. Why you fighting someone else's fight?
If you want some thing to get all bent out of shape about there are
plenty in the world worthy of your righteous indignation. This just
isn't one of them. So lets hear it.
hutch--
2010-03-08 12:49:48 UTC
Mike,

You delude yourself if you think I am accountable to you. I well know
what you are trying to do, stacking publically available information
with filth about a number of people I know and by doing this you
assume that you can force them to act on your terms. It is never going
to happen as the evidence is against you and like it or not, you are
nobody's judge and jury.

I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and tried to reason
with you over your own appalling conduct but the bottom line is if you
continue your campaign of slander against a number of people I will
publich whatever is necessary to allow people to make up their own
mind about the filth you keep spewing against a number of people.

So far from information you have posted here I have found that your
complaint against PowerBASIC through the Florida BBB failed and by
doing so it means they have rejected your assertions, something that
reflects on your credibility very badly and to rub it in, PowerBASIC
have an "A" rating with the Florida BBB "AFTER" your complaint. That
tells any objective person that your assertions are simply bullsh*t.

You may be "all bent up outa shape" over your failure to dictate your
assertions to the BBB but that is finally your problem, no-one elses.
Your problems are self imposed, you refuse to register in the
PowerBASIC forum with your real name and after you were kicked out you
have tried to force PowerBASIC to change its policy just for you. Hold
your breath waiting. :)
Mike
2010-03-12 17:31:54 UTC
Hutch, now you have gone too far.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.powerbasic/browse_thread/thread/ee9ea2822556e4d8#

I have retained a solicitor in Sydney. If you do not withdraw this
threat immediately, he is instructed to begin civil proceedings
against you. He assures me Australian law has provisions for this, and
you will need to answer for it in New South Wales State Court.

As I have already stated, my complaints about powerbasic have nothing
whatsoever to do with you. If powerbasic wishes to respond here, they
are free to do so. While you may have the right to express your
opinion in one of the only places on the internet where no one can
delete threads or remove posts (truly a level playing field), you may
not threaten to divulge personal information (however it is gathered)
in your efforts to prevent anyone else doing the same.

I may be wrong, but I suspect a judge is going to wonder why you are
willing to go to the matt for a small software company in another
country if you are not acting directly at their behest or as their
agent. To this end, powerbasic may also need to answer for your
actions, as I don't think it will be very hard for a US Judge to
connect the dots.

I have tried to respond to you respectfully in these threads, and have
explained in detail
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.basic.powerbasic/browse_thread/thread/fc8fd730f010387a#
why I use a handle on the internet, as millions of perfectly
respectable people do every day. Your relentless online campaigns are
legendary, and well documented, so it will not be hard to show a
pattern here, especially when others devote a web whole web to warn
people about you (http://www.asmcommunity.net/hutch/).

This is nothing more than a dirty trick in lieu of valid argument. You
have clearly crossed the line.