Register Watcher Window. PB/WIN 8.04
Olav
2010-02-28 11:35:28 UTC
Hello,

Can someone please explain what those two lines below mean? I know they is
ment to show the value of the CPU's various status flags; like overflow and
carry flag, but I have never seen these flag values been listed in this way
before - in any software.

FLG 000000001001000110
Flags NC,P,Z,NS,UP,NO,NIO

And what does GS stands for?
Wolfgang Enzinger
2010-02-28 18:05:35 UTC
Post by Olav
Can someone please explain what those two lines below mean? I know they is
ment to show the value of the CPU's various status flags; like overflow and
carry flag, but I have never seen these flag values been listed in this way
before - in any software.
FLG 000000001001000110
Flags NC,P,Z,NS,UP,NO,NIO
Due to the lack of documentation all I can offer are *guesses*. I'm pretty
sure of these:

C = carry flag (bit 0; NC if not set)
P = parity flag (bit 2; NP if not set)
Z = zero flag (bit 6; NZ if not set)
S = sign flag (bit 7; NS if not set)

Not sure about these:

UP = ???
NO = presumably overflow flag (bit 11)
NIO = probably IOPL flag (I/O privileg level, bit 13)
Post by Olav
And what does GS stands for?
That's just one of the six 16 bit segment registers (CS, DS, ES, FS, GS,
SS).

HTH,
Wolfgang
Olav
2010-02-28 18:52:55 UTC
Hello again,

Thanks for your response.
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
Post by Olav
Can someone please explain what those two lines below mean? I know they is
ment to show the value of the CPU's various status flags; like overflow and
carry flag, but I have never seen these flag values been listed in this way
before - in any software.
FLG 000000001001000110
Flags NC,P,Z,NS,UP,NO,NIO
Due to the lack of documentation all I can offer are *guesses*. I'm pretty
C = carry flag (bit 0; NC if not set)
P = parity flag (bit 2; NP if not set)
Z = zero flag (bit 6; NZ if not set)
S = sign flag (bit 7; NS if not set)
My guesses is the same, but the problem for me is how to read the value.of
the vaarious flags.
Wolfgang
John H. Guillory
2011-03-14 04:46:20 UTC
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:52:55 +0100, "Olav" <***@assdasd.nn> wrote:

I know this is old, but perhaps it'll help someone in the future....
Post by Olav
Post by Wolfgang Enzinger
UP = ???
NO = presumably overflow flag (bit 11)
NIO = probably IOPL flag (I/O privileg level, bit 13)
UP/DN - Direction for REP STOSB / REP STOSW, etc.