Signing up to post on forums at powerbasic.com - how long?
m***@privacy.net
2008-10-27 16:02:59 UTC
Some general questions.
1) What is the best resource to have Powerbasic questions answered?
This NG? The forums at powerbasic.com? PB Forums hosted by a
third-party website?
2) How long can I / should I expect to wait from the time I submit a new
registration until I can post message to the forums at powerbasic.com?
It depends what you want to do.

For actual support questions, ***@powerbasic.com is the best.
They are knowledgeable and helpful.

For just shooting the breeze about Powerbasic, the peer support
forums has a bunch of users who love to help. Great place.

If you find a bug (very rare; PB products are very solid), have
a disagreement about a PB policy, don't like the way they used
to let you get updates without owning a phone but stopped
doing that, want to point out that PB did at one time promise
a Linux Version, or in any other way criticise PB or any PB
product, get a news service that hides your IP address and
post your complaint anonymously to comp.lang.basic.powerbasic
and alt.lang.powerbasic. You WILL be punished for disloyalty
if they figure out who you are. You might get banned from
the forums with bad things said about you that you cannot
respond to. You might not be able to buy an upgrade. It's a
fight you cannot win except here, where everyone is equal.

The sad part is that they don't *need* to use their position
of power to punish the disloyal. It is almost always the case
that the product *isn't* buggy, support *was* helpful, and the
product *is* good. They could just calmly make their case in
a fair fight and win every time simply because Powerbasic has
a great product and great support staff. Just don't piss them
off unless you are anonymous...
Frank Cox
2008-10-27 19:35:08 UTC
They could just calmly make their case in a fair fight and win every
time
Except when they're wrong, of course. Surely you haven't forgotten the
last dust-up with regard to their previous mentions of a Linux version of
PB.

Of course you haven't. You mentioned it right here in your message.

For the benefit of anyone who missed that episode, just check back a bit
in this newsgroup's archives on google groups for the whole story.
m***@privacy.net
2008-10-28 11:48:38 UTC
Post by Frank Cox
They could just calmly make their case in a fair fight and win every
time
Except when they're wrong, of course. Surely you haven't forgotten the
last dust-up with regard to their previous mentions of a Linux version of
PB.
Of course you haven't. You mentioned it right here in your message.
For the benefit of anyone who missed that episode, just check back a bit
in this newsgroup's archives on google groups for the whole story.
SHHHH! I am trying to lure Bob Z (who, of course, cannot get the
basic concept that he might be wrong once in a while) to show up
here where he cannot censor anyone and have an honest discussion
about his using his power to censor forum posts and to deny users
the ability to buy new versions to bully others.

I am calling the coward out to a fair fight in a forum that he
does not control.
Frank Cox
2008-10-28 19:13:28 UTC
I am calling the coward out to a fair fight in a forum that he does not
control.
I'm waiting for a retraction and an apology, myself. Unfortunately, I
think we'll both be waiting for a while yet.
John H. Guillory
2009-07-13 11:45:45 UTC
Post by Frank Cox
I am calling the coward out to a fair fight in a forum that he does not
control.
I'm waiting for a retraction and an apology, myself. Unfortunately, I
think we'll both be waiting for a while yet.
Your wanting a retraction because the company decided not to release a
linux version of their compiler? Good Grief, dare I ask how long
you'll wait for the federal government to appoligize for giving out
million dollar bonuses to companies wanting to file bankruptcy? How
about asking for a retraction from the government for sending men over
to fight in a "Military police event" in vietnam? Get a life! We're
trying to fry up a 25lb bass and your wasting time scaling a 1.5 ounce
perch.
Basic Guy
2009-07-14 00:44:17 UTC
(...)
Post by John H. Guillory
Your wanting a retraction because the company decided not to
release a linux version of their compiler?
Do you realize that you're replying to a post that's 8 months old?